5 Things to Look for in a Savings Account in Georgia
Opening a savings account in Georgia requires just a bit of research if you're shopping for the best place to park your money. Shopping around requires looking at several different factors to determine the right fit for you.
Here are five things to look for when opening a savings account in Georgia.
- Minimal or No Monthly Fees: You’ll want a savings account with minimal monthly fees associated with the account. Sometimes, financial institutions have monthly maintenance fees or require you to hold a certain amount of money in the account at all times. While some fees may be reasonable and in your best interest in the long run, make sure you know what they are in order to avoid exorbitant or unexpected charges.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Check out what interest rates are offered by local credit unions in your area and decide on the best one.
- Easy Access to ATMs: When deciding on a credit union, you'll want one with plenty of ATMs nearby. You don't want to have to drive miles and miles just to get some cash. Since you may not be able to access your savings account through an ATM other than one provided by your local credit union, you'll want to choose something close to home and/or work.
- Mobile-Friendly: Nowadays, having access to a savings account on your smartphone is pretty much essential. With a good mobile banking app, you can easily check your account balance, your transaction history, transfer money between accounts, and track your spending, among other things.
- Online Services: In addition to mobile banking, you’ll want your credit union online access features to be as convenient as possible. Ask about what online banking services are offered and how easy it is to navigate the system. Make sure that you’re able to do the things you need to do online, such as view/print/save your monthly statements, pay bills, receive real-time alerts, complete money transfers, and easily manage your money.
For more information on how to choose the best savings account in Georgia, contact us today.